When it comes to our senior loved ones, choosing the safest possible OTC painkillers is crucial.
Complex Pharma Shop is a renowned Pharmacy in Boynton Beach, Florida that provides an assortment of safe and quality painkillers for people of all ages.
Chronic health conditions are so often the reason why the elderly members of our community suffer from varying levels of aches and pains in their bodies. To manage everyday pain, many take advantage of over-the-counter pain relievers.
While there are different types of pain medications being sold at drugstores, some of these could be unsafe for your elderly loved ones.
We’ve compiled a list of five tips to help you choose the safest over-the-counter painkillers for seniors:
- Ask a geriatricianAccording to most geriatricians, acetaminophen should be the go-to over-the-counter pain medication for most of the senior population because it is the safest. However, like all medications, it is crucial to be mindful of the dosage. Taking too much of this type of drug has been known to cause liver damage.
- Safety tips are always importantTaking steps to make your senior loved one’s pain management plan safer begins by collaborating with their doctor. Make sure the physician is aware of the root causes of their pain so they can recommend the best and safest possible over-the-counter pain reliever available.
The internet is a place where you can find an abundance of health and medication safety tips. However, make sure to verify any interesting and helpful findings you have with a healthcare professional, particularly your senior loved one’s physician.
- When your loved one needs more pain reliefSometimes, even the safest OTC painkillers aren’t enough to dull the pain of a senior’s condition. If this happens to be the case with your loved one, don’t make a rush decision to purchase a different kind of pain reliever. Speak with their doctor first to discuss ideal alternatives.
- Steer clear of aspirinWhile aspirin does have its benefits and has been used as the standard OTC pain reliever in the past, times have changed and medical professionals are no longer using it for that purpose. Recent studies have linked this drug to an increased risk of internal bleeding.
- Work with the right pharmacyPartnering with a pharmacy that has earned a reputation for providing top-quality medication and highly-qualified professionals is definitely something that can ensure a safe pain management plan for your seniors. We are known for providing no less than the best quality pain relievers and research chemicals in Florida..
The health and safety of our senior loved ones must always remain a main priority. Seniors are fragile and may have special medication needs. Let’s all make a conscious effort to meet these needs by keeping in mind the aforementioned tips.
Got anything else to share with us? Please feel free to discuss your insights on painkiller safety on the comment section below. It’s always a pleasure to learn from each other.